A key component of student success is a strong partnership between home and school. Open two-way communication is the key to any successful partnership and we have a variety of avenues to keep parents updated on the goings-on at the school, including their child’s academic and social progress.
To ensure open dialogue and a constant connection with parents both near and far, FEIA has implemented the following programs:
- Daily communication hours with House Leaders which allows for question/answer periods and encourages on-going two-way communication between the school and parents
- Formal weekly updates that integrate with our monthly individual academic and goal setting reports
- Parent newsletter that shows highlights of what students have done outside of the classroom as a whole, such as excursions, community involvement, celebrations, and events
HEALTH & SAFETY
As the care providers for our international students, health and safety is a key aspect of life at FEIA. We have a number of policies and procedures in place to ensure the well-being of all of our students.
- 24/7 security policy and supervision procedures that were established to ensure a safe living environment
- Trained House Leaders
- Certified Plan to Protect® training for all staff
- Confidential healthcare services
- Mental health support
- Extensive policies and procedures to address age-appropriate behaviour, such as bullying, drugs/alcohol, etc.
- AODA compliant policies that ensure access to all aspects of student life