In our East Meets West environment, FEIA’s goal is to foster global awareness and to grow our students into responsible and globally aware citizens who are well-equipped for life beyond academia. Moreover, by understanding each other’s cultures, our students grow closer by better comprehending our global awareness.
We want the best possible academic outcomes for our students. All of our Teaching staff are Ontario certified and are well-versed in activating innovative and progressive teaching strategies. We consistently monitor learning milestones through our mentoriship program, regular progress reports, mid-term and final reports in each of our two semesters. If tutoring or extra support is required for our students, the student’s mentor will provide ongoing guidance to help them achieve their goals.
Our caring and conscientious staff encourage our students to achieve their best work and to understand that there is no shame in failure – it is part of the learning process. Understanding that the ebbs and flows of learning and growing builds resilience and confidence in our students as lifelong learners, and as a result, empowering them to address future challenges independently.
At FEIA, our language development programming prepares all students for international educational and professional opportunities.
- To support our International students in their Enlish language mastery, all non-English speaking students receive intense ESL (English as a Second language) support on a daily basis
Each International student who wishes to attend university here in Canada will be required to pass the IELTS exam. IELTS is a test developed by the world’s leading experts in language assessment on four key English language skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking. These languange skills are paramount for any individual who wishes to successfuly achieve a University degree.
- We offer our International student’s additional ESL support in preparing for an IELTS exam within our afterschool programming
UNIQUE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Our students learn by doing and enthusiastically participate in hands-on-learning, project-based learning, and educational excursions to complement the curriculum.
- Every student participates in a mentoring program with a Canadian teacher and a tutor with a ratio of 4:1.
- Wellbeing is essential as part of the support we provide to ensure success. Secondary School students learn about university entrance requirements and the admission process beginning in grade nine.
- Consultations are held regularly with students to ensure they are on the right pathway to achieve their goals.
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS FOCUS
Many FEIA students have ambitions for an international business career. With that in mind, we have established an International Business Specialist program for our grade 11 and 12 students. We are cultivating relationships with top universities that we hope will foster opportunities for next year’s graduating class and beyond.
FEIA leverages Ontario’s Ministry of Education curriculum as our academic base, providing students with the Ontario Secondary School Diploma or OSSD upon graduation. We enhance this curriculum with a variety of customized programs that emphasize the global context in all curricular areas.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GRADUATE
** Compulsory credits: To meet individual student needs, principals may replace up to 3 of the 18 compulsory credits from the remainder of those that meet the compulsory credit requirements (substitutions).
* English as a Second Language and English Literacy Development: Maximum of 3 credits may be used to meet requirements for English compulsory credits.
** French as a Second Language: Maximum of 2 credits may be used to meet the additional compulsory credit requirement (1 credit from Group 1, and 1 credit from either Group 2 or 3).* Cooperative Education: Maximum of 2 credits may be used to meet the additional compulsory credit requirement (from any of Groups 1, 2 or 3).