August 3rd, 2020
As the new school year approaches, the FEIA leadership team has been working hard to ensure that the Campus is ready for the return of our students. This includes increasing cleaning protocols, developing and testing new arrival/departure procedures, and implementing social distancing measures for both students and staff.
We wanted to share with you some of the updates we have made to ensure the on-going safety of our FEIA Family.
- All staff and students will receive a washable non-medical mask and a refillable personal-sized bottle of hand sanitizer to use throughout the school day.
- In addition to the hand sanitizing stations we set up in March of this year, more stations will be added throughout that also include re-fill stations for personal bottle top up.
- The school will go through a deep clean before the school opens each day, while all high touch surfaces will be sanitized a minimum of three times a day leveraging cleaning and disinfecting products that follow the Ministry of Health guidelines. A cleaning log will also be posted in each room to track cleaning.
- We ask that students minimise the number of personal belongings brought into the school and that all items are labelled.
- FEIA is designing timetabling that will allow, to the greatest extent, for students to remain in contact with only their classmates and a single teacher for as much of the school day as possible.
- Timetabling will also allow for classroom cohorts to move through entrances and exits in a staggered fashion for an activity that occurs outside their primary classroom (i.e. lunch, recess etc.).
For the full list and additional details please see the formal press release, here.
FEIA will open the school for in-class education for both elementary and high school students, 5 days a week and with numerous new social distancing processes that we’ll educate our student body on in an assembly on the first day of school: September 8, 2020.
With more than 17 acres of property, our Campus is spacious enough to ensure a minimum of 6ft distance is kept between staff and students throughout each day and can easily maintain classes of 15 or less, as that is already our threshold.
Should you have any questions on the above, please call the school or send an email to email@example.com and we will respond as quickly as possible.
This Week at FEIA – October 16th, 2020
Take a look back at this past week at FEIA!Oct 19, 2020 CONTINUE READING
This Week at FEIA – October 9th, 2020
Take a look back at this past week at FEIA!Oct 09, 2020 CONTINUE READING
Academic Update for Parents
We are entering our third week back at school. Please see a letter from our principal Connie Stella with updates.Oct 06, 2020 CONTINUE READING